In 1965, nine teachers were employed to persuade parents from the adjoining streets to send their students to benefit from this endeavor. They were brought together, bathed, dressed, fed, and given catechism and life-skills lessons, in addition to the regular curriculum. All the teachers left one by one as they could not put up with the unhealthy and difficult situation. The campus also had a number of patients with the Hansen disease. It was a great service being rendered by the Salesians to the people who were rejected by society. The Salesians and volunteers encouraged the teachers to return to do this great service. A few teachers returned, and on 25th July 1965, an elementary school was started with four sections in the 1st and 2nd Standards and single sections in the 4th, 5th and 6th Standards. There were nine teachers, and 600 students, both boys and girls. What began as a service to the Catholics is today a service rendered to all without distinction of religion, caste, and social status.
From June 2002 the Elementary School from Standards One to Five, with a strength of 1100 children, functions separately in a new block, known as the Rua block outside the main campus. This new location has better facilities to enrich the quality of education by imparting a holistic education to these little ones. The Salesian Sisters have taken on this responsibility and they do so with a great sense of duty and a lot of love.
Don Bosco Primary School is known for the high-quality educational program and parents in this neighborhood flock to our institution and it is a Government aided School. Now we have 846 students and 28 Teaching staff and 2 non-teaching staff.