Don Bosco High School is a partially-aided-government school and is a part of the Don Bosco Beatitudes Social Welfare Services for the poor. It has helped immensely in the development of the slums in the neighbourhood. It is a school that welcomes both boys and girls.
The Higher Secondary School was an initiative born from the Primary School to extend our outreach program to the poor and needy of the locality; it grew slowing and steadily with Standard VI being added in 1977, Standard V11 added in 1878, and Grade VIII being added in 1979. At around the time that the school was raised to Middle School status in 1979, it succeeded in getting government recognition, and it was then shifted from the Rua Centre to the present site. Many children of leprosy parents were admitted to our boarding houses to pursue higher studies.
The Salesians were compelled to upgrade the Middle School to a High School since the school was started with the aim of educating both boys and girls of the locality. Soon, the High School got its recognition and the first batch of 40 children appeared for the government Examinations in 1986. In the year 2015 the school was further upgraded into a Higher Secondary School with one parallel English medium section. Quality education is imparted to the students who come from poor and difficult social settings. The management has to look after the salary of the teachers.
Our greatest achievement or happiness is having given quality education to the poor children and young people of our locality. Vyasarpadi is known to be a difficult area full of various types of settlers and even known for rowdyism: hence, this contribution to the society is greatly appreciated by many. Today, there are eminent past pupils serving the country as scientists, writers, lawyers and engineers.
The school is now managed by the Salesians of Don Bosco. The Salesian sisters were looking after this school till the year 2013. Currently there are 1331 students. 45 teaching staff and 12 non-teaching staff in the school.